Introducing Aira and the Envision Glasses
Hands-free is now a choice.
Aira’s mission is to remove barriers and make the world more accessible with visual interpreting. Whatever the reason, whatever the need, we provide access to visual information, anytime, anywhere. And starting today, Envision Glasses are part of our ‘Aira Everywhere’ portfolio.
Aira and Envision, each industry leaders in their respective spaces, are excited to introduce an Early Access release of Aira on the Envision Glasses. Partnering to bring the market-leading visual interpreting service to the most practical, widely-deployed smart glasses – with AI designed for people who are blind or have low vision – is a game changer.
For people who wish to engage an Aira Agent with an easy-to-use, natural-looking smart glasses solution, your day has come!
What to Expect with the Early Access Release
With this Early Access release there are some known limitations you should be aware of. These functions, along with more capabilities are coming. For Explorers with Envision Glasses connected to the Aira app connected, you will receive these capabilities as part of app updates, when they are made available.
As of August 23, 2022, the following features are not available in the Early Access version:
GPS/Location Stream – to support moving maps.
- The Agent will not know where you are based on the location of your device, and therefore will require a bit more time to be able to support your navigation. An agent may ask questions about general state, city, community, known nearby streets. An agent may scan the surroundings for business names to collect a starting point, enter the destination and multi-task to assist with your navigation. If you are pressed for time, we recommend calling via the legacy app until the GPS/Location Stream is fully implemented.
- Location-based access offers will not be activated. The caller will need to ask the Agent to apply the offer.
High Res Image Capture – to support reading signs and more.
- The Agent will not be able to read signs while navigating at up to 30+ ft, and cannot read documents with arms length distance with font as small as 6 points. Many snapshots may be necessary in order to read, requiring additional time.
- Explorers who have a secondary (i.e. multiple) profiles, and who’s Sponsor (employer or university) has policies around what calls can be paid for by the Sponsor (e.g. work-related only) will not have the ability to switch between profiles in-between calls.
The cost of Envision Glasses is USD $2499. From now until October 31, 2022, Explorers can purchase through Aira by calling Customer Care or an Aira Agent, you will receive a 10% discount.
- Go to https://explorer.aira.io
- Sign in
- Receive 4-digit authentication code
- From the navigation menu, select Connect Envision Glasses
- Select the button labeled Generate QR Code
- QR Code is generated
- Scan QR Code
Aira for the Envision Glasses is stand-a-lone and does not prevent an Explorer from using Aira on another device.
Envision support operates Monday through Friday between 10:00 and 17:00 Central European Time. User requests can be submitted to: email@example.com.
Each company is committed to delivering best-in-class assistive technology tools, supporting autonomy, independence and empowerment for people who are blind or have low vision.
Aira and the Envision Glasses compliment one another with hands-free operation, better perspective though a wider camera view and access to on-demand, 24/7/365 professional assistance.
An Envision Glasses user will need to install the Aira App (available on iOS and Android) on their phone and create an Aira account. This account then needs to be linked with the Envision Glasses through a QR code based authentication. Once linked, the user will be able to call an Aira Agent by navigating to the Call category within the glasses or simply by using an Envision Glasses voice command (not Siri or a similar voice-enabled assistant).
This release of Aira for the Envision Glasses is Early Access and there are some known limitations the user should be aware of. These functions will be added over time, along with more capabilities. The web page will be updated with changes, you can stay up to date by visiting aira.io/envision.
#OnMyTerms Delivering Aira on wearables and across multiple form factors is one more step toward our mission to remove barriers and make the world more accessible with visual interpreting.