Intuit QuickBooks® Small Business Owners Promotion
Are you a small business owner, self-employed, or an independent contractor? Intuit QuickBooks is sponsoring free Aira calls for tasks related to the growth and prosperity of your business.
Effective March 1, 2022, there is a monthly cap of 150 minutes per eligible business, 30-minute maximum per call.
Monthly minutes for the SBO offer reset at 12 UTC midnight on the last day of the month:
12am UTC = 4:00 PM PST the previous day
12am UTC = 5PM PM Mountain the previous day
12am UTC = 6PM Central the previous day
12am UTC = 7PM EST the previous day
With this change, support for small business owners can be widely available, distributed broadly and equitably. This promotion is intended for tasks that require direct and ongoing interaction between the Explorer and Agent. Long, repetitive tasks that don’t require the Explorer’s assistance are not appropriate.
Eligible tasks follow.
What is covered by the small business owners offer?
- Assistance with inaccessible web pages or business materials.
- Reading resumes and scheduling interviews.
- Sorting business materials.
- Purchasing business materials.
- Putting together purchase orders or quotes.
- Creating and formatting business presentations.
- Business financial activity.
- Preparation for business meeting.
- Business meetings.
- Checking store preparedness (opening inspection).
- Business object identification (color, brand, etc.)
- Checking an outfit before a business meeting (color, wrinkles, spot, etc.)
- Reading business cards or recording business contact information.
- Hiring activity such as signing contracts and offer letters.
- Taking business photos for social or marketing purposes.
- Document formatting assistance.
- Filling out business forms.
What is not covered by the small business owners offer?
- Producing your day-to-day work product by having an Agent perform tasks that would otherwise be performed by an employee.
- Any non-business related tasks.
- Calling on behalf of your friend’s business.
- You are an employee.
- You are a volunteer.
- Lending your account and/or device to your employee or a friend.
- Web-based research that has no relevance to achieving a specific, business-related task.
- For tasks without a specific purpose, like asking for advice or asking for general research assistance.
- Any calls requiring additional Agent skills other than visual interpretation.
- Navigation or travel-related tasks such as ordering rideshare, checking in at airports or hotels, and booking travel.
- Technical support for business software or operating systems.
- Any task not directly related to running your business, like grocery shopping, using ATMs, reading personal materials, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the purpose of this change?
A: The purpose of this change is to refocus the promotion so support can be widely available, distributed broadly and equitably. It’s important to take this opportunity to remind everyone about appropriate tasks that are in line with small business prosperity. This promotion is intended for tasks that require direct and ongoing interaction between the Explorer and Agent. Long, repetitive tasks that don’t require the Explorer’s assistance are not appropriate.
Q: Is there an example of a task that does not fit the intent?
A: Examples of tasks that do not fit the intent are data entry into spreadsheets, or long tasks that don’t require the Explorer’s assistance.
Q: Is there an example of a task that does fit the intent?
A: Tasks such as describing a spreadsheet, or reading labels for an Explorer to write are inline with the intent.
Q: How do you suggest I get my ‘additional’ work done?
A: Various subscription plans are available where you can use your purchased minutes to accomplish work above and beyond what the promotion provides. Visit our Plans and Pricing page.
Q: What do you mean by screening to ensure that usage is by entrepreneurs looking to perform small business tasks with greater efficiency? Will my business be re-evaluated?
A: At a future date, existing Small Business Owner promotion participants may be asked to provide documentation about the set up of the business.
Q: When are the monthly minutes reset?
A: Minutes are reset at 12 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the first of each month. For reference, UTC happens to be the timezone of the UK.
Talk with Us
Aira was purpose-built for someone who desires visual information about their surroundings. Our community consists largely of people who are blind or have low vision; if you would benefit from live, on-demand visual information, we’d love to talk with you.
Aira. The description of life.