Starbucks Tests Aira Access At Select Locations
October 15th, 2020
We are pleased to announce a new test program with Starbucks. Beginning on October 15, 2020 and ending on January 15, 2021, Aira services will be available for free at select Starbucks locations in the following cities: Baltimore, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Seattle, and Washington DC. You can view the list of participating locations in the Aira app or via this link.
What is Aira?
Aira is a service that connects blind and low-vision people to highly trained, remotely-located agents. At the touch of a button, Aira delivers instant access to information, enhancing everyday efficiency, engagement, and independence. More information at www.aira.io.
How does Aira work? It’s simple:
- Download the free “Aira” app for free using aira.io/app, or call 1-800-835-1934.
- Connect with a certified human Aira agent.
- Receive real-time assistance.
How do I find if my nearest Starbucks is included in the test?
- Make sure you enable location services for Aira on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Apply a Free Access Offer” button.
- Select the location button. Now you see a screen that shows you the nearest Access locations with a search bar at the top. You can search for any city or state just by typing there and see the access locations available. You can alternatively type a zip / postal code and do a more precise search.
Is there a limit to how long someone can use Aira at Starbucks?
You can use Aira for up to 30 minutes with this promotion.
What can Aira be used for while at Starbucks?
You can use Aira for any number of tasks while at a Starbucks, including:
- Reading in-store information
- Finding amenities such as the order counter, a table, or the restroom
- Social Distancing in the line
- Finding Starbucks itself, and more